Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Welcome to the St. Anthony Project



I’m a fan of Joseph Campbell and I believe in what he termed the “Power of Myth”.  I believe in the power of legend and I share Campbell’s belief that it’s the energy that we human beings give to these myths and legends that perpetuate them and make them real and powerful in our world.
 I was intrigued when I came upon this powerful legend of how for centuries, St. Anthony has been assisting people in finding true love in their lives.  People of many cultures have been praying to St. Anthony to help them become “finders” of lost things, true love, and the beauty of “self”. 
I began to research the legend of St. Anthony as a finder of true love and discovered that there are indeed powerful testimonials supporting evidence of true love found after interceding to this “saint of miracles.” Becoming a  believer in St. Anthony’s miraculous powers, I asked my friend and artist, Dave Woesthaus to sculpt for me a statue of this gentle “finder of love” embracing a heart, so that we could share it with the world. 
In doing so, we are offering believers everywhere a ritual to assist them in finding true love and doing our part in perpetuating this beautiful legend that promotes, in the words of the artist, “something as critically necessary in our world as love.”

I have a lot of hopes and dreams for the future of the St. Anthony Project....
Thank you.  Thank you.   Thank you.

in the works.....
  • New website www.stanthonyfinderoflove.com
  • Statues on the way
  • Candles 
  • Coins
  • Adventures galore!

Pax et bonum,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment